Some vintage commercial artwork by George McLachlan, via his website. The first is a cover from a BCTel brochure cover titled “Communications”, believed to be from 1976. The acrylic painting shows a cluster of downtown skyscrapers, many of which were new modern additions to the city’s skyline.
The next illustration is a vintage pastel rendering of the Hyatt Odyssey Hotel in downtown Vancouver, which is now known as the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
And finally, a brochure for the grand opening of Woodward’s Food Floor at Arbutus Village, which is also flogging the Woodward’s credit card. This post prompted the submission of the last image from none other than Michael Kluckner, who still has his Woodward’s card! Woodward’s Arbutus Village Food Floor opened November 13, 1974; it is now a Safeway store.
- axljo likes this
- sarochka likes this
- bylaw likes this
- nathangowsell reblogged this from illustratedvancouver and added:
- granvillain reblogged this from illustratedvancouver
- shantalarobinson likes this
- sarahholtom likes this
- daveshumka likes this
- plantedcity likes this
- yuriartibise reblogged this from illustratedvancouver
- yuriartibise likes this
- larssss likes this
- melancholymonday likes this
- rear-window-ethics likes this
- illustratedvancouver posted this