Associate Architect was the Vancouver firm McCarter & Nairne, famous architects of the Marine Building. Incidentally, the last joint project between the two original partners at McCarter & Nairne was the Vancouver Main Post Office building at West Georgia (built 1952-58).
Natatorium and Commercial Building, n.d., by Edward Thomas Osborn
This is an architectural rendering for a public swimming pool that was never built, possibly because the City decided to go with the more modest design that was used for the Crystal Pool, which was built in 1928 on the current site of the Aquatic Centre. It’s also possible that Osborn’s design was inspired by Seattle’s Crystal Pool.
Source: University of Washington Library Digital Collections
- retrophiliac likes this
- receivethesound reblogged this from pasttensevancouver
- illustratedvancouver reblogged this from pasttensevancouver and added:
- dajavuphoto likes this
- ootnaboot likes this
- theressomethingwrongwithyoubaby likes this
- illustratedvancouver likes this
- pasttensevancouver posted this